Day five of the production models of the New Bus For London on route 24 – buses still breaking down:
@andysbusblog i travelled on two 24s today both broken down and were as hot as oven… not impressed
— Zoe Bateman (@ZoeBman) June 26, 2013
Many passengers are reporting that the heat on the upper deck is unbearable, why don’t the windows open and why isn’t there air conditioning? There is air conditioning – that’s why the ceiling on the upper deck is skull-smackingly low. Boris Johnson claims his expensive, bespoke bus:
has got amazing new air conditioning
Let’s see what passengers have to say about the air conditioning:
New Route-master like a sauna.
— John Keevill (@otoid) June 26, 2013
If you want to lose weight go on the upper deck of the new route master and ride around London for 2 hours. Take deodorant.
— John Keevill (@otoid) June 26, 2013
— Pier (@hampsteadmiss) June 26, 2013
Two shiny new buses in the last few weeks. Boris bus a poor second: appalling ventilation, pathetic leg room, designed to be seen not used.
— Stefan Czerniawski (@pubstrat) June 26, 2013
First trip on a “new Routemaster” bus (route 24). First impression: design assumes adequate air con (windows don’t open). It isn’t adequate.
— Ruth Elleson (@RuthElleson) June 26, 2013
— Kate Tame (@KateKtam) June 26, 2013
— Caz Lawrence (@cazlawrence) June 26, 2013
My first time on a 24 route master. Eeee it’s so cool. BUT HOTTER THAN THE EARTH’S CORE.
— Tyler (@ActuallyTyler) June 25, 2013
on the new route master buses and they have no windows….? slightly baffled :s
— Channing_Certified_C (@ChanningC) June 25, 2013
@clivebull i caught the 38 tonight from Cambridge Circ to Vic. Really bumpy. AC only – so no windows to open for breeze. V. unimpressed.
— gerica (@primanirules) June 25, 2013
On new form 24 double decker bus. Cross between a Routemaster and the old biscuit tin type. Hot. Cramped. Two entrances and sets of stairs!
— Jackie Sadek (@JackieSadek) June 25, 2013
— Alicia (@Alicia_Edwards) June 24, 2013
So went on the new 24 Routemaster bus. Looks good from the outside but for the love of God, why aren’t there windows you can open??? #TFL
— Oliver Munson (@oliagent) June 24, 2013
@MayorofLondon My first trip on a new Routemaster. No windows, no air con. Brilliant. You must be very proud.
— Dan Aitch (@aitch_dan) June 24, 2013
First ride on a new Boris Bus today and the air con was fucked! Too toasty….
— stephen (@bonaaar) June 22, 2013
@TfLOfficial Not a fan of new Routemaster, was excited for route 24 but they’re dark, oppressive & very stuffy. Felt travel sick in 5 mins
— Helen (@Hels_Bells1) June 22, 2013
First new #Routemaster ride. V pretty, wanted to love, but it was greenhouse hot at the back, too hi-tech for a simple openable window…
— Sophie (@sopchan) June 22, 2013
First trip on the new routmaster, a bit like the old routmaster, cramped & bit hot on the top deck #routemaster
— Wasim Ahmed (@werzwas) June 22, 2013
The new Routemaster is all very nice, except you can’t open the windows and the air con is atrocious.
— Louis Porter (@Louisp56) June 22, 2013
It wasn’t even that hot in London today – 21°. It can reach 30° or more in London in the summer. Never fear, I’ll be on the upper deck of a 24 bus with my thermometer if it gets really hot later this summer.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV