This report from the Ham & High on the first breakdown of the new bus on its very first day of operation makes interesting reading and features a photograph which clearly shows fluid all over the road, leaking from the bus.
Mike Weston, TfL operations director, told the Ham & High:
“As you would expect, with any significant service change involving a fleet of new buses there have been a couple of teething problems and we worked hard to minimise the impact of these on our passengers.
“We are pleased with the way the conversion of route No 24 has gone and the initial response from passengers has been very positive.”
Oh, really? Mr Weston obviously hasn’t been following the 24′s operations new closely. Two more breakdowns reported by members of the public today:
One of those new routemaster buses stopped and wouldn't restart. That's really Eco friendly- we have to get out & walk.
— kai (@kaigani) June 27, 2013
Another broken down Boris Bus on Gower Street http://t.co/l1IV7iJXPB
— Patrick Moûle (@patrickmoule) June 27, 2013
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Bob Crow | Flip Chart Fairy Tales on Driverless Tube Trains – A Hoax On The Public
- Beyond the Silvertown Tunnel: TfL eyes Ringway road revival | 853 on Fisking The Chiswick-Kensington Urban Motorway
- Thomas the dooter on “I Don’t Quite Know What The Point Of This Thing Is….”
- undac.net on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- B tech entrance on Fisking The Chiswick-Kensington Urban Motorway
- Simon Atkinson on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- work from home on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- gta online money glitch on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV