This report from the Ham & High on the first breakdown of the new bus on its very first day of operation makes interesting reading and features a photograph which clearly shows fluid all over the road, leaking from the bus.
Mike Weston, TfL operations director, told the Ham & High:
“As you would expect, with any significant service change involving a fleet of new buses there have been a couple of teething problems and we worked hard to minimise the impact of these on our passengers.
“We are pleased with the way the conversion of route No 24 has gone and the initial response from passengers has been very positive.”
Oh, really? Mr Weston obviously hasn’t been following the 24′s operations new closely. Two more breakdowns reported by members of the public today:
One of those new routemaster buses stopped and wouldn't restart. That's really Eco friendly- we have to get out & walk.
— kai (@kaigani) June 27, 2013
Another broken down Boris Bus on Gower Street http://t.co/l1IV7iJXPB
— Patrick Moûle (@patrickmoule) June 27, 2013
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- search engine marketing jobs singapore on If You’re Going To San Francisco….
- Khuram Dhanani on Inspired By The Wrong Bus?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV