LT33, which broke down on route 24 whilst I was on it on Wednesday, is still not back in service.
LT36 broke down yesterday, also in Victoria Street, opposite Transport for London’s HQ. Ooops:
— G-man (@Redbus51) July 19, 2013
Despite repeated claims from, variously, Boris Johnson, Leon Daniels and Sir Peter Hendy that the ineffectual air cooling on the New Bus For London was fixed, Grayson Thermal Solutions have made the following announcement on their website:
Grayson Thermal Systems is proud to have been commissioned by Wrightbus to fix the problems that Transport for London (TfL) is having with the air conditioning systems on some of its new Routemaster buses.
Grayson service director Ian Hateley said: “Grayson did not supply the air conditioning systems that were installed on the “Boris Buses”, but nonetheless we are able to offer a full diagnostic and repair service. We have a large number of service vans and trained technicians based in the London area, and we are geared up to offer a fast and responsive emergency service.
“It’s a real shame that the current hot weather has led to problems with these great new buses, but we are confident that Grayson will be able to take the heat out of the situation quickly and efficiently.”
Are there any UK bus manufacturers who aren’t pointing and laughing at WrightBus?
Whichever manufacturer did supply the air conditioning systems for the New Bus For London should have been aware that their equipment did not work from the first time the very first prototype took to the road.
Neither they, WrightBus nor Transport for London did anything to remedy the problem in the 16 months that the prototypes were operating on route 38 and Boris Johnson went ahead and ordered 600 buses with air cooling equipment which is totally inadequate, especially on a bus with no opening windows.
Who is getting the bill for this almighty cock-up? WrightBus? The air cooling manufacturers? Transport for London?
Meanwhile, another roundup of Roastmaster conditions:
@MayorofLondon 38 Borisbus from Holborn to Hackney at 16.08 on 19/07/2013; no back exit, temp outside 29oC inside 33oC ‘due to cuts’ You lie
— Andrew McLeod (@andygnap) July 19, 2013
Dear @MayorofLondon sort the air con out on your new 38 Boris bus. I’m melting by the time I’m at Essex Road. Isn’t that your bus stop too?
— Cornelia (@Cornelia77) July 19, 2013
What ever you do do not, I repeat DO NOT use any new bus no. 24 at this weather. It is a vacuum chamber.
— Alma Becirovic (@A1m4B) July 19, 2013
Being broiled alive on a new 38 bus. Jeez Boris, have you got something against windows that open?
— Charlotte Bennett (@charlotterach) July 19, 2013
Not only are it the #borisbus hot they smell terrible too! Who thought it was a good idea to exclude windows???
— James Nash (@jamesnash10) July 19, 2013
I think the aircon is broken on this #routemaster. Bus 24 to Victoria. HOT!
— Anna Wills (@annagone) July 19, 2013
Was on the no 24 bus y’day asked the conductor why the air con wasn’t working. His reply “Sorry sir only works upstairs” @MayorofLondon
— Edward Adoo (@EdwardAdoo) July 19, 2013
— Edward Adoo (@EdwardAdoo) July 19, 2013
Have always liked Boris, but these #bikrambuses are making me suspect he’s utterly useless at running things. Huge design flaws, waste of ££
— Sathnam Sanghera (@Sathnam) July 19, 2013
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Vanita on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Boris Johnson Applies To Be Conservative Candidate For Uxbridge And South Ruislip | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV