Prompted by Mayorwatch pointing out that the cable car’s first year usage data are being consigned to the memory hole, I’m here to help out. I have the full data set on hand, enabling the following plots:
1) Weekly data since the start:
2) Week-on-week comparison to the equivalent week in the same period the following year:
All of which suggests that, as yet, there is no summertime boost from the warm weather, with numbers staying rather stubbornly at around 140-150k per period since April. Next week, being the first week of school holidays, may see an upsurge but it’ll have to be a pretty beefy one to get anywhere near the early Olympic period figures. This week a year ago 103,000 trips were taken on it, which is a lot of school kids.
This all explains why Boris is reduced to claiming that it’s the only form of transport to cover its costs (in six years, presumably using ‘special’ TfL maths), as if this can’t also be achieved in zero years by not actually building the thing in the first place.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- download for no good reason on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Londona729 on London Underground Ticket Offices Will Close, Despite The Mayor’s Denials
- Londona79 on SLL/ELLX – Something You Need to Read
- RicP on Bendy Bus Contract Costs In Full
- Q199 on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- ASLEF shrugged on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- Guano on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- Andrew Bowden on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV