Boris Johnson is asking the Home Secretary to approve his purchase of three water cannon for the Metropolitan Police, ignoring the fact that they can cause serious injury, a poll which found that 36% of those questioned were so ignorant that they believed that the Met already had water cannon and a petition of over 30,000 signatures objecting to the plans.
Oh, and he hasn’t even bothered to read the report of the London Assembly’s own Police and Crime Committee, Water Cannon – Why The Met’s Case Doesn’t Wash [PDF].
Chartwell, the Kent family home of Winston Churchill, received a visit from Boris Johnson yesterday:
— Katherine Barnett (@katieculture) March 22, 2014
London’s Mayor, who claims he always works at City Hall on Fridays, evidently found something more important to do during working hours yesterday.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Deck Staining on Great Boris Lies #8 – Air Quality
- bit.Ly on Great Boris Lies #8 – Air Quality
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV