Boris Johnson is asking the Home Secretary to approve his purchase of three water cannon for the Metropolitan Police, ignoring the fact that they can cause serious injury, a poll which found that 36% of those questioned were so ignorant that they believed that the Met already had water cannon and a petition of over 30,000 signatures objecting to the plans.
Oh, and he hasn’t even bothered to read the report of the London Assembly’s own Police and Crime Committee, Water Cannon – Why The Met’s Case Doesn’t Wash [PDF].
Chartwell, the Kent family home of Winston Churchill, received a visit from Boris Johnson yesterday:
— Katherine Barnett (@katieculture) March 22, 2014
London’s Mayor, who claims he always works at City Hall on Fridays, evidently found something more important to do during working hours yesterday.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV