Helen’s been out and about looking for new No. 10 lardbuses and has found one – the weight is now down a bit further to 12190kg, suggesting they’re eking out very small gains (the previous two weights were 12220 and 12230kg).
Meanwhile the not at all vanity B5LH Euro 6 revamp is apparently 11265kg and Alexander Dennis have finally unwrapped their very interesting new Enviro 400 model which again majors in weight saving and has a lot of anti-Lardbus advertising about how it was designed with the industry for the industry. Since they’re claiming to have sold 400 while the Lardbus has sold only to the people who own the design and can force the operators to run them whether or not they want to, there’s some backing evidence on that point. It remains to be seen what the weight’s likely to be on this – current E400H models seem to be around 11,900 and ADL claim a 400kg cut so this will presumably be around 11500kg, about three-quarters of a tonne less than the Lardbus and with more seats.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- James on New Cabbed Tube For London
- ASLEF shrugged on New Cabbed Tube For London
- terminator on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
- ade on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV