£40 to you, squire/lady. Yes, Boris Johnson’s found time in his busy schedule of running London electioneering in Uxbridge, dashing off his £250,000 chickenfeed column and writing weighty tomes of biography with attendant research trips to take part in a Q+A with Telegraph Head of Books, discussing his
Someone please remind Boris Johnson that he’s (supposedly) the Mayor of London and is meant to work for Londoners.
Earlier this week, Johnson visited the HQ of Nationwide Building Society in Swindon - located near the M4 motorway due to ease of access to Heathrow Airport. You remember, that place which provides direct and [...]
£3m of TfL’s budget has already been wasted by Boris Johnson on lobbying for a new hub airport in the Thames Estuary, despite the fact that the Mayor of London has no responsibility for aviation and no jurisdiction over Kent.
Not content with publication of the report Making Connections: Improving the UK’s Domestic [...]
It was confirmed today that the Mayor of London has submitted his application as prospective Conservative candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip to Conservative Campaign HQ.
Boris Johnson’s current term as Mayor of London does not expire until May 2016 yet his desire to return to Parliament means that, if selected for Uxbridge and [...]
— Amelia (@milly_lia) July 20, 2014
We could take a guess…
What made me jump on this 148? Which idiot decided to make a bus with no [...]
The hottest day of the year so far in London today – 30°C.
Boris Johnson has described his “New Routemaster” as having amazing new air conditioning .
TfL Commissioner Sir Peter Hendy has claimed that the new bus, when the cooling is working properly, is cooler than the equivalent latest ordinary [...]
Last weekend saw London’s celebration of 60 years of the first prototype of the Routemaster bus – the vehicle which saw regular service on the streets of London for nearly 50 years. Boris Johnson’s New Routemaster (née New Bus For London) is an attempt to ape the external design of (and cash in on [...]
It’s the middle of summer and, guess what, reports of sauna-like conditions on the “New Routemaster” vehicles continue.
Transport for London has issued the following statement in response to an enquiry about the manufacture, operation and efficacy of the cooling system on these vehicles:
The manufacturer of the air cooling system is Heavac of The [...]
Yes, summer is definitely here and so are the very real problems with the temperature and humidity on Boris Johnson’s vanity bus.
Just a few weeks ago, TfL Commissioner Sir Peter Hendy was dismissing the unacceptably hot and humid conditions on these brand new vehicles as “a folk myth” – so how are [...]
After last year’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office world tour by two (later three, presumably to cope with the breakdowns) of WrightBus’s Boris Johnson-commissioned New Bus For London vehicles, orders for this “pinnacle of British automotive engineering design” must surely be rolling in in an uncontrollable tsunami of enthusiasm from those countries [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV