When, two and a half months late, we wondered where Doug Oakervee’s airport report had gone, it was evident others were thinking along the same lines. After answering the same question from a number of Assembly Members, Kit ‘Airport’ Malthouse and his friends at the Times have produced another one of their airport-pushing puff [...]
Go on, guess? No? Well, it’s Doug Oakervee’s report on the feasibility, or otherwise, of the Boris Airport idea. I’ve picked up nothing on this recently, but Murad Qureshi (and, to be fair, Val Shawcross and Darren Johnson, who got the same answer) tried last month:
That’s the north bank of the Thames, not the North Bank at Highbury, of course.
We’ve already seen what the (mostly Labour) southern side of the Thames Estuary thinks of Borisport. The north side might be expected to be a bit more welcoming, since they’re mostly Tories over that side. So are they? Nope.
Annoyed with the Standard’s pisspoor imagery, I’ve had my own go at a map of Borisport. Here you go. Comments and criticisms welcome. Yes, I reckon it really is that far out to sea. About 30% of the distance to Holland, I reckon.
View Larger Map
Unsurprisingly the Standard has picked up on Boris’s Magic Stealth Airport, but unusually there’s actually a picture. Whether this was done by a Standard graphics bod or crayoned by Malthouse in City Hall I have no idea. I hope it’s the former, since it’s got High Speed 1 in the wrong place, but it [...]
Apparently the BBC’s London political editor Tim Donovan didn’t go out with Boris on his dredger last week. We already know that Dave Hill wasn’t invited. Who was? Well, here’s a clue:
Speaking to The Sunday Times aboard a dredger, Johnson vowed to continue to oppose the expansion of Heathrow. He also confirmed that [...]
I was looking the original proposals that Boris seems to be examining and I’ve found it – Marinair it’s called. Bit worrying their website is illustrated by a DC-10, which is a) obsolete and b) notorious for crashing. The illustration of a train is a diesel Class 180 DMU, which was fairly notorious for unreliability, [...]
Considering what they did to his predecessor, Boris might be worried about what Dispatches are planning on his Island scheme, but then again on that basis it might be a puff piece, we’ll just have to see, particularly if they get a certain Mr. Gilligan to present this one as well.
Also while [...]
why doesent he buld this airport in his back garden , or doesent want the plane,s flying over his home, what a prat What the point of pouring concrete into the sea [...]
Boris is out on the Thames Estuary in a Belgian dredger called the Brabo. There’s a website that shows the positions of all ships in major UK estuaries in real time. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Let’s watch Boris trundle about, and get a steer on where Oakervee and Malthouse are [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Boris Johnson Applies To Be Conservative Candidate For Uxbridge And South Ruislip | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30