The RMT’s calling yet another strike. Boris has tweeted:
Can’t believe the [...]
“BORIS Johnson was accused of “betrayal” today as it was revealed he has ditched plans for three rape crisis centres…
…today the Mayor admitted that funding for the three new centres, which would supplement an existing centre in Croydon, would [...]
Rebecca Hutson writes in Seven Magazine…
“It was therefore a welcomed relief when bumbling, politician Boris Johnson made rape crisis centres a central aspect of his mayoral manifesto, promising to pour £744,000 into the existing centres and build three more. He even went so far as to write to Liz Kelly, Chair of End Violence [...]
Via The F Word, this is disgraceful…
“Jenny Jones, Green Party Assembly Member, today forced London’s Mayor to admit that he will not deliver new rape crisis centres in London on the scale he promised in his manifesto.
Before being elected, the Mayor pledged to provide £744,000 a year to fund the one existing [...]
We know from Boris’s reticence about explaining quite with whom he ‘consulted widely’ that, er, he didn’t consult widely at all about forcing out Sir Ian Blair.
But now it’s emerged that Boris’s other line of defence – that it was Ian Blair’s decision [...]
A spokesman has ‘clarified’ Boris’s ‘piffle’ remarks:
“”These are the qualities he is keen to encourage in teenagers across London, where a lack of purpose, discipline and self-esteem lead many to wasted lives and violence.
“David Cameron is right to highlight that serious and destructive social breakdown.
“Politicians who pretend there is [...]
On the Today programme, Boris was asked questions about a memorandum of understanding, which pledges that Londoners, in the case of Olympic overspending, will not suffer from an “increase in the Council Tax precept or an increase in Fares”.
Boris “ha[dn't] seen” the document, but was sure that it was “not central to the issue“. [...]
Following the Rise revelations, Munira Mirza has been rushed into action with an article for Comment is Free. Titled ‘Doing anti-racism for real’, it appears to be a poorly veiled attempt to discredit its promotion.
The article is in quotes and my comments are bolded.
“To give some background: in 1996 the Trades Union Congress [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Beyond the Silvertown Tunnel: TfL eyes Ringway road revival | 853 on Fisking The Chiswick-Kensington Urban Motorway
- Thomas the dooter on “I Don’t Quite Know What The Point Of This Thing Is….”
- undac.net on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- B tech entrance on Fisking The Chiswick-Kensington Urban Motorway
- Simon Atkinson on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- work from home on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- gta online money glitch on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- eteries stoiximaton on Neo-Victorian Age Update – We Apologise For The Late Running Signalling
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV