Understanding Different Cultures
Question No: 3133 / 2009
In light of the Mayor’s advice to non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan in order to ‘understand Muslims better’, [...]
Been a while since I’ve looked at the Mayor’s Question Time Written Answers. This month’s set contain some humdingers:
Relations with central government – since coming to power Boris has met Tessa Jowell (twice), John Denham, Jack Straw, Ruth Kelly, Jacqui Smith, Lord West, Hazel Blears, Tony McNulty, Margaret Beckett and Geoff Hoon.
Bad luck, Boris: the world didn’t end when scientists switched on the ‘Big Bang Machine’ earlier, so you still have to submit yourself to the outrageous indignity of answering questions in public at 10am today.
You can find the agenda for this morning’s [...]
Last year, the GLA’s annual Capitalwoman conference brought over 3000 London women of all ages and backgrounds together to discuss the issues affecting them and give their ideas for future policy. Will you continue to hold and fund this conference?
Answer From The Mayor:
I’ve been dashing through Boris’s answers to the questions of the London Assembly, and this caught my eye:
“Do you agree with David Cameron that individuals with any ‘dealings’ in Zimbambwe should examine their conscience? Can you confirm if any of your Mayoral team or advisers who hold shares (either personally or [...]
Dave Hill has selected a few key, or just amusing, questions that have been put to Boris by the London Assembly. I’ve extracted a few that are of particular interest:
Joanne McCartney: The current, very successful, London Domestic Violence Strategy ends in September. Do you intend to commission and produce another updated strategy, and [...]
He’s certainly actioning this more quickly than many of the things he’s applied that label to, anyway:
Brian Coleman: When will the Mayor of London arrange for a portrait of the Queen to be hung in City Hall?
Next Wednesday, the Mayor will be taking part in the State of London Debate.
As Mr Stop Boris noted last month, the event has been considerably cut, but will nonetheless feature Munira Mirza (Arts and Culture), Ray Lewis (children and young people) and Ross Kemp (hard man). The panel will focus on [...]
I have no doubt there’ll be plenty more to be said about today’s Mayor’s Question Time – Boris’s first – but I just wanted to point out the one indisputable lie I’ve seen that he came out with during proceedings, as shown on BBC London today.
In some sort of context at least loosely related [...]
While personally I quite enjoy the occasional edition of Politics Scotland, especially its utterly mismatched pumping dance music theme tune, I must admit that I’ve never quite got into BBC Parliament’s other non-Westminster coverage. Until, that is, this coming bank holiday Monday:
Mayor’s Question Time
BBC Parliament (Freeview 81, Sky 504, Virgin 612, Freesat [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh… | Boris Watch on The New Routemaster – Still Unable To Cope With London Summers
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on “Those Problems Are Fixed” – New Bus For London Still A Sweatbox
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV