West London ground to a halt today. The cause was a car accident near the Hammersmith Flyover at 3am that, despite not being fatal or involving more than one car, lead to the entire area being sealed off by the police for forensic investigation and not handed back to TfL, apparently, until 1pm, resulting [...]
Right, I’ve been on a sabbatical from blogging for a week or so, owing mainly to a lack of anything interesting to say. This isn’t, obviously, from a lack of anything Boris-related to comment about (clearly), but I’d rather wait until I’ve mulled things over for a bit rather than rushing to the Publish [...]
Dave Hill’s been doing a lot of excellent coverage on the fallout of the G20 policing: his blog is highly recommended reading.
The key Boris-related theme this week has been the near-total silence of the Mayor on this [...]
It’s Sir Paul ‘Safe Option’ Stephenson, who’s been caretaking. Perhaps the bold days of Kit and Boris tearing up the rule book are behind them?
Last Friday I tracked Boris and his Deputy Mayor For Policing round the Thames Estuary. Last Saturday I spoke about Boris Watch at Pro London. Yesterday I poked fun at the PR strategy adopted over the absurd Thames Estuary airport. Half an hour ago I opened the door to find six grim-faced [...]
Boris has launched an inquiry into allegations of racial discrimination at the MPA.
The announcement comes after the Metropolitan Black Police Association warned that they would be discouraging potential applicants from joining the force. In a statement, a spokesman said that:
“We would be failing our duty as an association [...]
From The Times
“Sir Ian Blair is expected to announce his resignation as Metropolitan Police Commissioner this afternoon.
Sources told The Times that the pressures of recent months had forced Sir Ian, who became commissioner in February 2005, to consider his position.
He is understood to be standing down before Boris Johnson, the new [...]
The Tory Troll, fresh from his summer travels, quotes a source as saying that:
“The rumour that the MPA is to be relocated is still circulating. Although how they intend to find desk space for another 100 people in City Hall is beyond me – unless this means 100 redundancies of City hall based [...]
The Evening Standard is tentatively reporting on Boris’s plans for curbing adolescent crime. If it’s correct, then it indicates that the Mayor is attempting to satisfy both the hard and the progressive factions.
Boris will apparently spend £100 million on a variety of education initiatives. These range from school programmes, which we detailed [...]
If it isn’t quite the Sword of Damocles suspended over Ian Blair’s head, it’s certainly the kitchen knife of someone very close to him.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh… | Boris Watch on The New Routemaster – Still Unable To Cope With London Summers
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on “Those Problems Are Fixed” – New Bus For London Still A Sweatbox
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV