Jon Snow interviewing Boris on C4 News. I paraphrase slightly.
BoJo: I’m happy to meet Bob Crow at any time for a beer or whatever, as long as the RMT aren’t striking or in dispute JoSno: So why haven’t you met them to discuss your manifesto committment to a no-strike agreement BoJo: There’s never been [...]
The unions and Val Shawcross are pointing out that Boris’s ‘proudest achievement’ is another case of our beloved Emperor having omitted to get dressed in the morning. How beastly of them:
The RMT’s Steve Hadley said: “They’ve brought it in without financing it properly, and brought it in without adequate staff, and to be [...]
The RMT’s calling yet another strike. Boris has tweeted:
Can’t believe the [...]
Remember us speculating about a possible Summer of Discontent on the rail and tube networks, with hardline troublemaker Bob Crow testing out Boris’s mettle while the Blond Blunderer attempts to channel the spirit of Thatcher? It’s not quite worked out as it did for the Iron Lady:
Workers on London Overground are to [...]
I still think Boris’s most ludicrous manifesto policy was the Routemaster one, but a close runner up was the idea that he could negotiate a no strike agreement with the Tube unions to save us all from the bother of uppity Marxists like the RMT‘s Bob Crow ruining our day in their nasty lower [...]
Bob Crow, who leads the RMT union, representing vast swathes of Underground and National Rail workers, popped up as a guest on this afternoon’s Ken Livingstone programme on LBC 97.3.
He actually came across as rather more reasonable than he usually does, although I suppose that is a bit of a (deservedly) backhanded compliment.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Jonna on Hybrid Fuel Consumption – At Last The Truth?
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV