A few more things from the Routermater trainwreck to add to the pile:
There’s now a requirement to cover up the gap at the back. This is known to the sane majority of transport observers as a ‘door’. Nearly 100% of buses have them already, I understand. Apparently the conductor is now not a [...]
It’s amazing that some people still think that bendy buses are going to be directly replaced by Routemasters. They’re not, of course, but, via the Bus Forum, we now have a steer on the amounts and types being ordered for the new operations later this year, which is another piece of data [...]
What bloody cheek. Funny how all these environmental warriors weren’t jumping up and down when the Newt and TFL were ordering thousands of diesel buses – one of the primary causes of the NoX and soot pollution in the centre of London.
Two more articles – first Pro London cover the matter here, while Andrew Gilligan displays his big worry – that his arch-nemesis Peter Hendy and his evil Ken-worshipping coven will undermine Boris’s wonderful Routemaster with their sordid attempts to run London’s transport professionally for its users:
I know your game, Mr Hendy
We occasionally like to go back and revisit old posts, and there’s an opportunity here to put some facts around the bendy replacement timetable, particularly the PVR increase and the stated 2011 date for the Routemaster. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that 31/12/2011 counts here, as [...]
Bus and Coach is a magazine. They have a website. The website has a story about the Routemaster competition. Here’s a sample:
Perhaps we should be thankful that his nostalgia trip only took him back to the 1950s, and we’re not seeing the re-invention of the eco-friendly low-pollution horse bus.
You can read the rest [...]
Not being a journalist, probably not being welcome and definitely have two sets of builders and a day’s work on my plate, I’m not going to be able to follow the competition results too closely, but Dave Hill is coming over all Web 2.0 on us and twittering away. News so far is [...]
“Alexander Dennis, Britain’s largest bus maker, has deployed 80 development engineers to work on plans for a successor to London’s iconic Routemaster double decker bus.
The news emerged as Transport [...]
Tonight’s appearance on BBC London was interesting – perhaps more interesting than I currently have time to do justice to. If any fellow Boris-watchers want to see what they missed, I recommend watching the interview on the BBC web site.
The overwhelming thing that came across to [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Vanita on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Boris Johnson Applies To Be Conservative Candidate For Uxbridge And South Ruislip | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30