Boris has continued his calls for the citywide acceptance of the £7.45 London Living Wage. In a statement, he claimed that the adoption of the Wage would be a cogent business decision as one that helps to target poverty:
“This is not only morally right but also makes good business sense, contributing to better [...]
Following the speculation of today, Simon Milton has resigned from both of his posts, and has been nominated as Deputy Mayor for Policy and Planning. He will regain his salary and join the swelling ranks at City Hall.
The Press release reads thus:
“Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has today nominated Sir Simon [...]
Thousands of London bus drivers are demanding the introduction of an equal pay rate. The Unite union has stated that 28,000 of its members voted by a margin of 99% in support of the motion, which would bring all of London’s operators in line.
Pay disparity for drivers working under different operators can be [...]
Following their report A Fairer London, the GLA has announced that Boris is raising the Living Wage for London to £7.45. This is 25p higher than the previous Living Wage and 35% higher than the national minimum wage.
In a statement, they report that “one in seven employees receive less than the £6.50” [...]
The members of the London Assembly have called into question “the manner and nature” of the appointment of Boris’s advisers. The Business Management and Administration Committee, to whom the revealing finance report was originally delivered, have demanded answers to a series of questions including:
The cost and length of appointment of each of the [...]
The Tory Troll points out this morning that Boris has broken another of his campaign promises.
Like all his carefully learned campaign lines, I lost count of the number of times I heard Boris assure us that "from day one" he would ensure [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- todoemanueladepaulacomes on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris's hairdresser on In Which Hilton Holloway Makes A Fool Of Himself. Part 94.
- free on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- The Ultimate Herpes Protocol The Ultimate Herpes Protocol The Ultimate Herpes Protocol The Ultimate Herpes Protocol The Ultimate Herpes Protocol on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- cod ghost prestige hack on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Cycle Hire Use Is Falling | Londonist on Is Barclays Cycle Hire In Trouble?
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV