I’ve been a bit remiss in posting various researches that have appeared on other forums, so I’m going to put them here in a big lump. First off, Red Arrow bus types and capacities over time:
Bus Seats Stands Total %sts %stnds stnds/sts ratio
MBS 25 48 73 34% 66% 1.92
N/nal2 28 [...]
Emma Jacobs in the FT:
“Boris Johnson may be well-versed in Latin – he dropped a bit of Virgil’s Aeneid into his first mayor’s Question Time. He may be well-versed in Shakespeare – he cited Romeo and Juliet to the Commons home affairs select committee. “We need to deglamorise knife crime,” he said. “This [...]
Try to spot the connection between the two articles that I’ve quoted from.
Here’s an extract from a 2003 New Statesman column regarding Anthony Browne:
“The Conservative Party is now committed to taking MI5 officers away from these urgent tasks and giving them the drudge work of screening applicants. Duncan Smith and Letwin must [...]
Councils have been profuse in their support for Boris’s latest piece of authoritarian warbling. It will be tested in Croydon, and our sympathies are extended to the eighteen to twenty-one year olds of that area that may want to buy alcohol without venturing into a pub. It’s currently a ‘voluntary’ system, and so [...]
This week, the GLA released their Planning For A Better London report. We shall work way through it, with the requisite whisky and cigarettes, but in the meantime you can read it here, and, should you be gripped by inspiration, send your thoughts towards City Hall. Property Week and Building Design comment [...]
Reactions to the resignation of Ray Lewis have been swift. The tireless Dave Hill gives fine summations in the Guardian, the Standard provides a reaction from Mary Massey and the Telegraph, the Times and the BBC pitch in.
Elsewhere, Dave also writes on the Routemaster, Jenny Jones
Dave Hill recorded the State of London Debate, and I’ll work my way through it through it, over whisky, cigarettes etc. In the meantime, however, other reports are filtering through.
Reaction to the Mayor’s stumbling has been slowly appearing in the press. The Telegraph and The Times report on Boris’s memorandum mystification, while Dave Hill has an excellent piece on Comment is Free that wonders “does he actually know what they’re doing?“. Not only that, but he links to this site.
The wonderful [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV