For anyone mildly perplexed by vitriolic debate over the Tfl, LDA and sweet FA, we’ve added a new page, A Brief Guide To The Johnson Administration. It can be found in the sidebar under ‘About The Mayoralty’, and links to details of the team, organisations and a motley assortment of hair splitters.
If it isn’t quite the Sword of Damocles suspended over Ian Blair’s head, it’s certainly the kitchen knife of someone very close to him.
Dave writes that, contrary to previous reports, Tim Parker – the man holding Boris’s right hand – will not submit a Register of Interest to the GLA website. Simon Barnes and Kit Malthouse have already, but it seems that Parker – “one of the UK’s most successful businessmen with an impressive track record [...]
Remember the Forensic Audit Panel? They’re Boris’ crack squad of independent figures appointed to root through the previous regime’s finances – two of whom lead Tory Councils. And, it emerges, a third is simply a party member:
From the comments on my previous post it sounds like tonight’s BBC London footage [relevant clip starts 43 seconds in] hadn’t aired before and therefore came as just as much of a shock to everyone else as it did to me and Mrs. Stop Boris [...]
A disappointingly under-briefed Andrew Marr interviewed Boris this morning on his BBC One show, overlooking the Income Support claimants’ bus fare-doubling, the reneging on various campaign promises, and many other controversies.
In a written response to a question by Darren Johnson, Boris last week refused to reveal how much the public was paying for his team of his advisers. Today, however, we see that slyly imbedded in a report to the Business Management and Administration Committee is the admission that the pay of these consultants [...]
The Tory Troll points out this morning that Boris has broken another of his campaign promises.
Like all his carefully learned campaign lines, I lost count of the number of times I heard Boris assure us that "from day one" he would ensure [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV