I’ve been a bit remiss in posting various researches that have appeared on other forums, so I’m going to put them here in a big lump. First off, Red Arrow bus types and capacities over time:
Bus Seats Stands Total %sts %stnds stnds/sts ratio
MBS 25 48 73 34% 66% 1.92
N/nal2 28 [...]
I’ve not seen anything yet that suggests that Outer London Commission chairman William McKee is anything other than competent, which for a Boris appointee is near-miraculous, but today’s news (h/t Tory Troll) suggests that the OLC isn’t going to go down in history as a great turning point in the history of Outer [...]
While we’re waiting for the online answers, here are a couple of choice questions:
1: Val Shawcross with her usual boot-in-groin moment:
Question number 0479/2009
Meeting date 25/02/2009
Question by Valerie Shawcross
Do you regret falsely claiming that bendy buses “wipe out cyclists, there are many cyclists killed every year by them”?
At the time a “delighted” Brian Coleman declared that the promise “highlight[ed] a key difference between Boris Johnson and the previous Mayor“, but few developments have been forthcoming.
It’s possible that Boris has been influenced [...]
Speaking on the London segment of today’s BBC One Politics Show, Theresa Villiers MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, today continued the Tories’ talking down of the prospects for the Cross-River Tram.
Boris has given another of his sporadic rallying cries, this time in the form of a hearty promotion of bicycling:
“I’m challenging all Londoners who have bicycles languishing in the shed or garage to dig them out, dust off the cobwebs and reacquaint themselves with one of the most glorious ways of getting about. [...]
Thousands of London bus drivers are demanding the introduction of an equal pay rate. The Unite union has stated that 28,000 of its members voted by a margin of 99% in support of the motion, which would bring all of London’s operators in line.
Pay disparity for drivers working under different operators can be [...]
As I predicted after the May elections, RMT leader Bob Crow is directly challenging Boris. More than 700 cleaners employed by four sub-contractors are striking, demanding that hourly rates are raising £5.50 to £7.20.
The TfL claim that they “have already reassured all interested parties, notably the trade unions, that we are taking [...]
At the Liberal Conspiracy event last week, I had a chat with Siân Berry, the Green party’s Stop Boris blog-reading former candidate for Mayor. She asked me to highlight her new campaign, which she’s running with her
How many times during the campaign did we have to listen to Boris lecturing us on how Ken had once said "only some sort of ghastly, dehumanised moron would get rid of the Routemaster", then done so himself; and how Boris Johnson, knight in shining armour, would be riding to the rescue with a new [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Vanita on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Boris Johnson Applies To Be Conservative Candidate For Uxbridge And South Ruislip | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30